This non-alcoholic Pimm’s is super simple and so refreshing! This awesome mocktail is ready in just 5 minutes! It is perfect for summer and the barbecue season, and will be a fabulous addition to your garden or dinner party!
Why To Make This Non-Alcoholic Pimm’s
You will love this Pimm’s mocktail for how easy it is to make and for its delicious taste.
This mocktail is full of big flavours and is also filled with nutrients vitamins, and minerals, which makes it a healthy addition to your diet.
It is alcohol-free cocktail that can be served to both adults and kids.
The recipe is great for scaling up and/or down – depending on how many portions you need, simply adjust the quantities of the ingredients.
This Pimm’s without alcohol is also ideal for making ahead, you can even freeze it for later!
Finally, homemade Pimm’s mocktail is budget friendly – it only consists of a few basic ingredients, so there’s no need to overspend!
What is Pimm’s?
Pimm’s is a British brand of a gin-based liqueur. It tastes bittersweet and has citrusy notes spicy finish. Pimm’s is often mixed with fizzy soft drinks (lemonade, tonic), lemon juice and garnished with fruit and herbs, hence its name ‘fruit cup’ (or Pimm’s cup).
Pimm’s is quite a popular cocktail in England and the British Isles, especially during the summer months (Wimbledon, cricket).
You will find that there are many other brands selling this product under various names these days.
This recipe, however, is for homemade Pimm’s without alcohol, and all you need for it is a few common ingredients listed below.
Probably the best thing about this summer mocktails is, that you don’t need any special equipment to make it. All you need is a glass (or a jug), a knife to slice fruit and a wooden spoon to mix it all.
You can easily create this homemade Pimm’s mocktail with only 6 basic kitchen cupboard ingredients. Here they are:
- Strawberries will soon be in season and so why not to make most of them? These berries are filled with flavour and nutrients like vitamin C, which help strengthen your immune system. Use fresh strawberries when you can, but frozen strawberries will be just as great for this recipe.
- Cucumber gives the mocktail a hint of very refreshingflavour and infuses the lemonade very quickly. Use fresh cucumber slices or ribbons – both will work and can make the drink looking interesting.
- Lemon is added to balance out the sweet notes of the lemonade and strawberries. Use unwaxed and organic lemon if you can.
- Diet lemonade (or Sprite) brings the crisp flavour of lemon and all the bubbles.
- Balsamic vinegar is the surprise ingredient in this recipe.However, since balsamic vinegar pairs well with strawberries and cucumber, it might come less surprising that it works just brilliantly in this mocktail recipe too! If you are sceptical, add it to the mocktail mix in small amounts, but trust me, once you try it, you will want to add more!
- I recommend using fresh mint leaves make a nice garnish. Although, frozen mint will work here too – just add it to the alcohol-free Pimm’s mix and stir, but don’t put it on top to decorate the glass or jug, as the leaves may be broken and it won’t look as tidy as fresh mint leaves.
Diet tonic is an optional ingredient - add a small amount of tonic if you are looking for a more sharp and more sour drink.
Personally, I prefer to use low-calorie mixers in drinks, but you can totally use classic lemonade or tonic – the cocktail will still taste delicious!
Substitutes & Variations
This recipe is relatively flexible – feel free to swap some of the ingredients based on what you have in your pantry and fridge. Here are some suggestions:
- Forest berries (blueberries, raspberries and blackberries) are great replacements for strawberries. You can also use diced watermelon and/or apples.
- Sliced orange will help highlight the sweet citrusy flavours.
- Lime will be a good substitute for lemon.
- Mix of ginger ale and soda water will be a good replacement for lemonade.
- Fresh basil leaves will make a great garnish.
How To Make Pimm’s Without Alcohol
This recipe is ready in four simple steps:
- Prepare the fruit.
- Fill your glass (or jug) with ice, top with fruit.
- Add lemonade, balsamic vinegar and stir.
- Add mint leaves, straw (if using) and serve immediately.
For exact measurements and details, see the recipe card at the very end of this article.
Are you wondering how to make this non-alcoholic cocktail even more delicious?
- The flavours of this mocktail will intensify over time – the longer you leave the fruit to infuse, the richer will the drink taste. You can also eat the fruit after you finish sipping the drink – it will soak up all the flavours.
- Use the freshest produce possible for the best taste. Lemons and cucumbers after their best before date can get bitter, and this would transfer into the drink.
- If making ahead, add the lemon on the day when you’re planning to serve this non-alcoholic Pimm’s - to prevent it from being too bitter.
- This mocktail will keep overnight in the fridge, which means you can make it up to a day in advance.If you are making it ahead, add the lemon on the day when you’re planning to serve this mocktail - this will stop it from getting bitter. Add mint just before serving. Remember that the bubbles from the lemonade will disappear. You can add a touch of fresh lemonade on the day of serving.
- You can also freeze this Pimm’s mocktail – mix everything together except mint. Transfer it into an ice cube tray and freeze for up to 3 months. How to serve frozen mocktail? Fill 3.4 of a glass with the frozen Pimm’s, add lemonade, stir, and fresh mint and serve (no need to add extra ice).
You can get alcohol-free Pimm’s alternatives in the shops, or you can make your own mocktail using just a few ingredients: strawberries, cucumber, lemon, mint, lemonade and balsamic vinegar.
More Summer Refreshments
- Strawberry mojito mocktail
- Elderflower cordial
- Caramel iced latte
- Mocha iced latte
- Iced pumpkin latte
📖 The Recipe
- 1 cup ice
- 10 strawberries
- ⅓ cucumber
- 1 lemon
- 1 l diet lemonade or Sprite chilled
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- handful fresh mint
- diet tonic water to taste
- Wash and cut the fruit.
- Fill ⅓ of your glass (or jug) with ice, add diced fruit.
- Add lemonade, balsamic vinegar and stir.
- Add tonic (if using), fresh mint leaves, and serve immediately.
⅓ cup ice cubes
2 slices cucumber
2 slices lemon
200 ml lemonade
½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar Possible swaps:
- Forest berries (blueberries, raspberries and blackberries), diced watermelon, or apple (1 cup).
- Sliced orange (½) or lime instead of lemon.
- Fresh basil leaves (1:1 ratio)
- Ginger ale and soda water (0.2l and 0.8l).
Leave a Comment